The Future of work is changing with Gartner predicting that by 2020 50% of the workforce will be working on a contract basis and 20% of the population will be reporting to a Robot-boss.
I recently met up with Ade McCormack in Dublin at The Future of Work Summit hosted by The Sunday Business Post to discuss the future of work and the impact technology is having on the workplace.
Ade is a former technologist, who today is focused on helping individuals and organisations thrive in the digital age. In more recent years, his focus has taken a more strategic / macroeconomic / future-oriented perspective. Thus, he has a forward-thinking, ‘bits to boardroom’, grasp of what is happening in the market, and of how his clients can capitalise on the changes taking place.
What we discuss in this episode:
- Ade’s journey
- The Future of work and the changing nature of job security
- The Education system and why it’s not fit for purpose
- How to survive and thrive in the digital economy
- The CIO V CDO debate
- Internet of Things and how General Electric has made the leap from Product Company to Software Company
- Sweating the Data through IOT & Telematics and why the companies that have the best data scientists will win
- Ade’s new book Attention Dynamics and the importance of managing our attention
- Ade’s favourite books
- Why Ade wouldn’t speak with his 18 or 80-year-old self if he had the chance
- The Future of Media Advertising Facebook vs TV
- Why the world class DJ doesn’t need to play to the audience but rather the most influential people in the club
Hope you enjoy the show as much as I have. I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback about the show in the comments box below. Let me know what action you are going to take after listening to the talk?