Welcome to What I Know Now. I am your host Mark Kelly.
If you are new to the podcast, What I Know Now is a leadership and personal development podcast.
Gary Quinn works with The Irish Times Content Studio, the editorial/commercial unit that creates and publishes brand stories. In their first 18 months, the Content Studio has won many awards including two Global Media Awards from the International News Media Association (INMA) in 2017.
An experienced editor, he has worked in an editorial role with The Irish Times since 2007 working across digital, print and video in the Features department. He wrote the weekly Barfly column through 2015-16 visiting great Irish bars, as well as writing frequently on Irish whiskey.
He has previously worked as a consultant trainer-of-trainers with bodies including the European Journalism Centre, the Council of Europe Media section and the BBC World Service Trust.
He is a frequent MC and studio podcast host discussing subjects including food and drink, culture, business, and travel.
In a wide-ranging interview we discuss:
- Gary’s journey to now and overview of working as Editor of The Content Studio.
- Winning the gold medal for a recent native advertising campaign at the prestigious 2017 Global Media Awards in New York.
- How asking the right questions enabled Gary to increase his confidence.
- Being a mentor, the best way to seek advice and why people are so eager to help others.
- Why Gary values the Irish language and passionately believes we should all speak it.
- The importance of having a goal in your life.
To share your thoughts: