Welcome to episode 37 of What I Know Now, the Personal Development and Leadership podcast.
Today’s guest is Bobby Kerr. Bobby is a successful Entrepreneur, Broadcaster and Chairman of Insomnia Coffee Company – Ireland’s largest independent coffee chain – which over 140 shops across the country.
Bobby is also the presenter of ‘Down to Business’ on Newstalk Radio each Saturday morning. The popular business show has a strong listenership of around 100,000 people and covers a wide range of business topics in a positive, down to earth manner. Earlier this year, he also started hosting the entertaining magazine show ”Bobby’s Late Breakfast” on Sunday mornings with guests from all walks of life and a helping of food, music and culture.
Bobby is also a popular public speaker and business mentor and is probably best known for being one of the original dragons on the successful RTÉ series Dragons Den for the first four seasons. His business interests are in a variety of sectors including food and hospitality, technology and hardware.
In the podcast, we discuss the following:
- Bobby’s journey to now
- Deciding to sell his father’s business
- What he learned working on the oil rigs in the North Sea
- Changes he made to make his coffee business successful
- Mentors who helped him over the years
- How fear of failure drives him to succeed
- His advice to small business owners
- Meeting different people on his radio show
- What advice he would give to his 18-year-old self
Let me know what you thought of Bobby’s interview by leaving a comment below and please share this podcast with your friends on social media.
If you liked today’s podcast, there are plenty more fascinating podcasts here on the website, as well as all the latest daily videos and blogs.