Welcome to episode 40 of What I Know Now, the Personal Development and Leadership podcast.
Today’s guest is Jerry Kennelly. Jerry is a former photojournalist and founder of two pioneering companies in the digital stock photography space: Stockbyte and Stockdisc, which was sold to Getty Images in 2006.
He is also the founder and current CEO of Tweak, which offers online design content in seven languages through online printers. He later launched Tweak Cloud, a digital asset management SAAS solution in 2016. Jerry also co-founded the Junior Entrepreneur Programme, in which 40,000 primary school children throughout the 32 counties have started their own businesses. In 2017, the children achieved profitability of €250,000.
He was selected as the EY Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year in 2005 and has been a judge on the programme for over 10 years. He was awarded an honorary Doctorate in economics by the University of Limerick, a fellowship by IT Tralee and was named as Ireland’s Net Visionary and Hall of Fame award winner by the Irish Internet Association.
In this wide-ranging podcast, we discuss:
- How Jerry got into photojournalism
- The global impact of Stockbyte
- Having a strong team around him to achieve success
- His secrets to success
- The best piece of advice he received
- What he wants his legacy to be
- Setting up Tweak.com and Tweak Cloud
- The impact of the Junior Entrepreneur programme
- What advice he would give to young entrepreneurs
- Jerry’s advice to his 18-year-old self
Let me know what you thought of Jerry’s podcast by leaving a comment below and please share this episode with your friends on social media.
If you liked today’s podcast, there are plenty more fascinating podcasts here on the website, as well as all the latest daily videos and blogs.