Last Saturday, I had the amazing opportunity to chat with Dr Ciara Kelly on Newstalk’s Alive and Kicking about the best pieces of advice I have learned from my guests one year on from starting the podcast.
Since launching the podcast last year, I have interviewed people from all walks of life – such as polar explorers, elite runners, motivational speakers – asking them what they know now what they wished they knew when they were 18.
The best pieces of advice we chat about in the interview are:
- To overcome the fear of criticism and worrying too much about what other people think of you
- Action cures fear! Believe in your ability and just get on with it.
- You are the average of the five people you hang around with so choose to hang around with those successful people that motivate you
- “The 10-yard rule” that I learned from Frankie Sheahan
- Do nice things for other people to make them and yourself feel better
- Smile more
I had a really great time and would like to thank Newstalk for having me on the show.
You can listen to the interview below. Would really appreciate your feedback. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.
Don’t forget to check out the latest podcasts and blogs here on the website along with my daily advice videos, which are also available on the WIKN Youtube channel.
Finally a reminder that my What I Know Now Live Podcast is just over a month away on Thursday 28 September at the Hamilton Building in Trinity College Dublin. Sign up to attend for FREE at this link.