This week we’ll be speaking with Karl Melvin.
Karl is a Dublin Based Psychotherapist and Professional speaker on mental health and improving relationships. With over 17 years experience in Software Development, he re-educated in 2009 and began practising as a Counsellor and Psychotherapist in 2011. In 2015 he launched the blog www.toxicescape.com and has featured in several publications including The Irish Independent, The Irish Examiner and TheJournal.ie. Based in Aspen Counselling in Lucan, he works with adults of all ages dealing with issues such as Depression, Anxiety, Grief, Relationship problems and lack of direction in life. He also works with a number of organisations in building staff wellness programs and his previous clients include the IFA and AIB. On December 7th, he will be launching a free Webinar entitled “Building Better Relationships” which aims to highlight the most common mistakes made in relationships, how to reduce conflict and be heard by your partner, family or friends.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Karl’s unconventional journey from software developer to psychotherapist & life coach
- How to stay positive & choose the right move after receiving redundancy
- Reaching out for assistance, expressing your feelings & the importance of psychotherapy
- The importance of surrounding yourself with the right people and moving away from toxic relationships
- Going back to College to follow your passions and move into a new career
- The importance of nutrition, exercise and lifestyle to creating a positive mindset
- Perfect parenting and how the first 1,000 days are crucial for a child’s development
- What Karl would say to his 18-year-old self
- Awakening the Real You
- Increasing your self-esteem & how to stop people pleasing and start saying NO
mentioned in this episode:
Hope you enjoy the show.
I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback about the show in the comments box below.
Let me know what action you are going to take after listening to the talk?